Do you have discomfort in the groin and the process of urinating causes discomfort? According to statistics, about 30% of representatives of the strong half of humanity go to the doctor with such complaints. In most cases, prostatitis is diagnosed - a word that every man has heard. How to eliminate the disease and avoid unpleasant consequences?
Prostatitis and treatments
Prostatitis is an inflammatory process localized in the prostate gland.The defeat of this organ leads to many problems in men: frequent urination, pain in the groin, the spread of infections and even infertility.
If going to the toilet has become frequent, and there is discomfort in the groin, then it's time to visit a urologist - a specialist in the diagnosis and treatment of prostatitis.
Tactics to eliminate the disease depend on the type of inflammation. In each case, the treatment has its own nuances:
- bacterial type.The reason for the development of the presented form is the penetration of the infection. Full recovery is possible with timely seeking medical help and following the doctor's recommendations. The basis of therapy is antibiotics. Topical treatment should not be used due to the risk of spreading the infection.
- calculating guy.During the development of the named form of pathology in the prostate gland, stone formation occurs. With this type, physical therapy, anti-inflammatory drugs and immunomodulators are helpful. If the patient has large formations, surgical intervention is indicated. Prostate massage is prohibited due to the risk of rupture of the urinary tract.
- Congestive (stagnant) type.The cause of the disease is impaired blood supply to the prostate. In the absence of infection, the patient is prescribed physiotherapy exercises, massages, baths and medications to improve blood circulation in the pelvic area.
Note!Caution is advised when using hot baths. They are useful for congestive prostatitis and if there is an infection they can be harmful.
The use of drugs depends on the specific form and cause of the development of the pathology, so the arsenal of drugs used is huge:
- Analgesics.They eliminate the discomfort and spasms of the urinary tract, which improves the output of urine.
- Alpha blockers.Medications affect the severity of symptoms by reducing burning with urination, eliminating the feeling of incomplete bladder emptying, and reducing the frequency of urges. Also, adrenergic blockers facilitate the process of bowel movement by relaxing the smooth muscles of the urinary system.
- Anti-inflammatory.Means of this group relieve the inflammatory process and swelling of the prostate. Most often, drugs are prescribed in the form of suppositories (candles), which are administered rectally.
- antibacterial therapy.Its task is to eliminate the infection that caused the development of prostatitis and suppress the growth of pathogenic microorganisms. It is recommended to continue the course of treatment even if there are signs of improvement in well-being.
- Immunomodulator.They strengthen the immune system, which helps fight disease.
- angioprotectors.Improves blood circulation, eliminating congestion.
- Vitamin complexes.It compensates the deficiency of vitamins and nutrients, increasing the resistance of the organism.
Note!During the treatment of prostatitis, drugs in the form of injections can be used. In this way, the active substances penetrate faster into the focus of inflammation, which gives the patient the long-awaited relief.
When using drugs, a doctor's consultation is necessary!Self-administration of medication can cause side effects or complications.
If drug therapy shows low efficiency, surgical methods of treatment are used.In some situations, it is almost impossible to do without surgical intervention, which is associated with the late search for medical help by the patient and the progression of the pathology. Indications for surgery are:
- prostate abscess;
- worsening of the condition and the appearance of complications;
- severe narrowing of the urinary canal;
- anuria - complete absence of urine;
- suspicion of a malignant tumor in chronic prostatitis;
- large prostate size - more than 8 cm;
- purulent formations.
To eliminate prostatitis, the following methods are used:
- transurethral resection- the introduction of a special device through the urethra, with which you can remove the inflamed parts of the organ.
- ThuLEP and HoLEP- techniques using a thulium or holmium laser during surgery. Such methods are appropriate for large inflamed areas. With its help, the pathologically altered tissue is crushed, and the operated part is cauterized.
- green spectrum laser- the introduction of a special device through the urethra, which allows almost bloodless removal of the affected areas.
- prostatectomy- a radical method of intervention, in which the prostate is removed through an incision in the lower abdomen of the patient.
Traditional medicine can be used exclusively as an auxiliary method of treatment, and only a doctor should prescribe them.Such drugs are quite effective, so with their help it is possible to achieve a positive result for a long time.
Pumpkin is useful for men's health, while you can use not only juice, but also seeds. For treatment it is necessary:
- drink a glass of drink 2 times a day - in the morning and in the evening;
- eat 30 seeds every day before meals.
Take notes!Pumpkin seeds can also be used to prevent prostatitis, because a vitamin-rich vegetable has a positive effect on men's health, and the zinc present in the plant prevents the development of the disease.
It contains useful substances and aspen bark, which can be used to eliminate the inflammatory process. Prepare the tincture as follows:
- Take 100 g of tree bark and chop. It is recommended to collect the ingredient before budding.
- Pour alcohol or vodka in an amount of 200 g.
- Close the container with a lid and leave it for 2 weeks.
- Strain the remedy through cheesecloth.
Prepared tincture is taken before meals 3 times a day, 20 drops. The drug must be diluted with water; a quarter cup of liquid is enough.
A decoction of onion peel is characterized by a positive effect on the prostate.To prepare the remedy you will need:
- Take 100 g of peel and rinse well.
- Pour into a container with boiling water, the volume of liquid is 0. 5 liters.
- Boil the remedy for 5 minutes.
- Infuse the mixture for about 2 hours and strain.
The decoction is consumed 3 times a day for 1 tsp.
Bee products can also be used to treat prostatitis.Honey has positive properties, which has a beneficial effect on the entire body.The following prescription is suitable for therapy:
- Take honey and parsley juice in equal quantities.
- Mix the ingredients, then place the product in a container with a lid.
The composition is taken 2 times a day for 2 tablespoons. me
Propolis has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties.It can be used to treat prostatitis in the form of a tincture, which must be prepared as follows:
- Take alcohol and crushed propolis in a ratio of 2: 1.
- Mix the ingredients and put the medicine in a container.
- Infuse the product for 2 weeks in a dark place, stirring the mixture every 3 days.
- Strain the tincture through cheesecloth.
The resulting drug is taken an hour before meals. It should be consumed 3 times a day, 30 drops, diluting the tincture with half a glass of warm milk.
Ginger is another way to get rid of prostatitis.Its peculiarity is that it fights the inflammatory process and normalizes blood circulation. This combination is very useful in the congestive form of the disease.To prepare the medicine you will need:
- Peel the ginger root and chop it.
- Place in a container 2 tbsp. and the resulting mass.
- Pour into a glass of boiling water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cool and strain with cheesecloth.
- Add boiled water so that the amount of liquid is equal to the original volume.
The decoction is taken 3 times a day for 1 tablespoon. I Optionally, you can add 1 tsp. honey.
Garlic is indispensable for the human immune system.It is also helpful for men dealing with prostatitis. Cloves can be crushed and added to food - 2-3 pieces are enough. There are other ways to use this product to enhance its positive properties. To prepare the medicinal mixture, you will need the following components:
- garlic - 8 cloves;
- honey - 0. 5 l;
- lemon - 5 pieces
- Grind the listed components and mix.
- Beat with a mixer until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Put the product in a glass container, close the lid and leave it for 2 weeks in a dark place.
It is taken 3 times a day for 1 tablespoon. me
Baking soda is a popular product found in every kitchen.Much is known about the beneficial properties of this substance: it eliminates itching and burning, kills harmful microorganisms, relieves pain and restores affected tissues.
For the treatment of the disease, baths are suitable, which are prepared as follows:
- Dissolve in 2 liters of boiled water 2 tbsp. iodine and 20 g of soda.
- Stir the product and wait a while, so the soda will dissolve better, which will help prevent irritation.
The resulting mixture is poured into a container with warm water. The duration of the procedure is 15-20 minutes.
Soft drinks can be taken orally, since baking soda causes the death of pathogenic microorganisms. Also, as a result of the use of the product, the acidity decreases, which increases the effectiveness of the use of antibacterial agents. To prepare the solution you need:
- Take half of 1 tsp. soda.
- Add to a glass of boiled water.
The drug is used after meals. Since the action of soda is characterized by aggressiveness, it is possible to replace water with milk. It is not recommended to use the recipe for stomach ulcers and other problems with the organs of the digestive system.
Another product that is impossible to do without in the kitchen is salt. In the absence of infection, you can use the following recipe:
- Take 100 g of salt.
- Heat the ingredient in the oven.
- Pour into a linen bag.
The agent is applied to the inguinal region for 10-15 minutes.
Folk remedies for prostatitis - photo gallery
Physiotherapy procedures have a positive effect on the course of prostatitis. Depending on the nature of the inflammatory process, the following methods are prescribed:
- Massage- treatment is carried out at the stage of remission. The patient should be in the supine position or on the side, but in both cases with the legs flexed. The session is carried out with the introduction of the index finger into the patient's anus about 5 cm, after which the doctor palpates the prostate and caresses and presses. The procedure improves the blood supply to the tissues of the organ, and the simultaneous use with antibiotic therapy speeds up recovery. The use of the technique is not recommended during the acute phase of the pathology.
- magnetic laser therapy- the method is based on the use of a device that emits a magnetic and laser pulse. When exposed to it, blood circulation improves, pain disappears and the body's defense mechanisms are launched.
- Acupuncture- impact on the biologically active points of the patient's body, as a result of which the severity of the pain syndrome decreases and the patient's well-being improves.
- electrophoresis- the use of current, leading to an increase in the integrity of the penetration of drugs. As a result of the procedure, pain is reduced and erectile function is restored, and urination is normalized.
- Hirudotherapy- the use of leeches for medicinal purposes. The sessions improve blood circulation and also eliminate congestion and inflammation.
- bee stings- the use of bee venom for therapeutic purposes. Bees are used for the procedure, the session is carried out by a trained specialist. The mechanism of action of such treatment is similar to acupuncture, but there is an additional effect of bee venom. Thanks to him, the patient's condition improves and inflammation in the prostate decreases.
Modern medicine is constantly evolving, which makes it possible to conduct physiotherapy at home.This will help special devices, represented by the following names:
- A device that has a thermal and magnetic effect. Thanks to the device, swelling and inflammation disappear, blood circulation is normalized, pain decreases, congestion disappears.
- A device that generates electromagnetic pulses. As a result of treatment, the intensity of the pain syndrome decreases, the blood supply to the gland is restored, and the inflammatory process decreases.
- A device that emits vibrations that eliminate the symptoms of prostatitis and improve the patient's quality of life.
- A device that helps eliminate signs of pathology due to vibration that occurs during the operation of the unit. When exposed to certain frequencies, the conductivity of the lymphatic and blood vessels increases, so spasms and pain disappear, and inflammation decreases.
The presented devices are used for 10-20 minutes a day. The doctor determines the duration of treatment and the mode of operation of the device.
diet for prostatitis
Proper nutrition is the key to recovery even with the development of prostatitis.The duration of treatment and the condition of the patient depend on the intake of nutrients, so you should select a diet responsibly.
With the development of the disease, it is recommended to include the following products in the menu:
- lean meats: beef, beef, turkey, chicken and rabbit;
- low-fat fish varieties: pink salmon, mackerel;
- buckwheat or millet cereals;
- sweet fruits and berries, as well as jelly, puree and jelly from them;
- rosehip decoction;
- cranberry and cranberry juice;
- still table water;
- Green Tea;
- vegetables: broccoli, beets, eggplant, celery, zucchini, carrots;
- Pumpkin seeds;
- quail eggs;
- fermented baked milk, curdled milk or kefir;
- sprouted wheat oil.
Note!The patient can eat steamed dishes, as well as stews and boiled.
It is necessary to exclude from the diet:
- fatty fish species: sturgeon, halibut, silver carp;
- carbonated drinks;
- spicy vegetables: radish, onion;
- spices and sauces: mustard, ketchup;
- smoked and fried foods;
- fatty meats: pork, duck and goose;
- canned products;
- citrus: tangerines, lemons, oranges;
- pickled and salted products.
Products to eliminate prostatitis - photo gallery
Correctly selected moderate load helps fight congestion and strengthens the body. Also, physical activity has a positive effect on metabolic processes and even reduces the degree of pain manifestation.
With prostatitis, it is useful to use Kegel exercises.Do them as follows:
- Bring the muscles of the buttocks together, while trying to pull the sphincter as high as possible.
- Relax, then repeat the element.
The complex is done 3-4 times a day, 10 times per approach. Every 3-4 days, the load increases by 10 repetitions, gradually increasing to 50.
To improve blood circulation and reduce swelling, you can perform a bicycle exercise, which is carried out in a supine position:
- Lie on your back with your legs up.
- Bend the lower extremities at the knee joint.
- Start the exercise, making circular movements with your legs, simulating riding a bicycle.
Classes are held 3 times a day, the duration of the session is 5-10 minutes.
It is important! It is not recommended to use heavy weight exercises: bench press in the prone position, deadlifts, squats with weights.
Running has a positive effect on blood circulation.As a result of classes, metabolic processes are normalized, stagnation is reduced, and harmful substances that interfere with the work of immunity are removed. It is recommended to jog in the morning, 3-5 minutes a day is enough. If running is contraindicated, walking is a safe alternative.
Prognosis of treatment and complications.
The prognosis of therapy depends on the form of the disease.Acute prostatitis is quickly eliminated, but only if treatment is started on time.In advanced cases, the pathology becomes chronic. In this situation, a long-term remission can be achieved, but only if the doctor's recommendations are followed and the patient's condition is monitored.
With a late start of treatment, the consequences can be disastrous:
- erectile function is disturbed and impotence develops, which entails a deterioration in the quality of sexual life;
- increased risk of infertility;
- increases the likelihood that the infection will spread to neighboring organs.
The basis for the prevention of prostatitis is a healthy lifestyle and control of your own well-being.To prevent the disease it is necessary:
- avoid hypothermia- this makes the immune system vulnerable to infection;
- Eat well- the intake of useful substances favorably affects the human condition, and the use of harmful products leads to numerous health problems;
- increase physical activity- correctly selected load prevents the development of stagnation and improves blood supply to the organs;
- visit the doctor on time- early detection of diseases, especially pathologies of the genitourinary system, helps to avoid the development of prostatitis;
- control sex life- avoid casual relationships and protect yourself, which helps prevent the onset of infections.
Prostatitis requires timely intervention, otherwise the consequences of neglecting one's health will be serious: psychological discomfort, self-doubt, problems with urination, and frequent pain in the groin area. It is possible to get rid of the disease, but for this the patient will have to do everything possible.